Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Apple I-Pad

Last week our technician was raving on and on about the launch of the Apple I-Pad which, he said, was on the brink of happening. This morning, judging by all the news broadcasts, the Apple I-Pad was launched. Every channel deemed to have nothing else to report.
"What's the big deal?" I asked myself. So, I looked it up.
The Apple I-Pad is basically a hand held device through which you can view movies, surf the net, read e-books and play games.
I found some sites I thought were interesting and informative including one which states the new device has obvious "teething problems".
Here are the links:
http://www.apple.com/au/ipad/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/03/apple-ipad-review/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/7558319/Apple-iPad-launch-marred-by-technical-problems.html

3 comments:

  1. I never really got the big deal on the IPad either. Personally i wouldn't like to carry around such an expensive thing like that just to read a book, check my email or search Youtube. By reading the telegraph article that you linked it seems a few people are having trouble getting a wi-fi signal. Also if you think about it there isn't many places in Hobart that offer free wi-fi that you can connect your IPad to. Libraries and Mcdonalds are the only places that i can think of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem to be really popular. Thanks for providing these links

    ReplyDelete